with strawberry coulis
Preparation: 25 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
125 g white chocolate, chopped
80 g unsalted butter. chopped
2 eggs, at room temperature
3 egg yolks, at room temperature
60 g caster sugar
2 tablespoons whipping cream
75 g plain flour
unsalted butter, to grease
vanilla ice cream or cream, to serve
100 g strawberries, washed and chopped
30 g caster sugar
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200℃ and brush four ramekins (8.5 cm in diameter) with butter.
- Melt the white chocolate with butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water. Make sure the bowl is not touching the water underneath. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs, egg yolks and sugar until pale and thick. Add the melted chocolate mixture and and cream and whisk until well combined. Sift in the flour and fold together .
- Spoon the mixture into brushed ramekins and bake for 11-13 minutes until set on the top but still soft in the middle.
5. Meanwhile, make the coulis, combine the sugar with water in a small saucepan over a medium heat, stirring from time to time until the sugar is melted. Add the strawberries and lemon juice and cook until the strawberries are very tender. Push the puree through a fine sieve set over a bowl to remove the seeds.
6. Serve with warm fondant and vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.