Preparation: 20 minutes
Baking: 45-50 minutes
4 eggs, at room temperature
300 g caster sugar
250 g unsalted butter, cubed, at room temperature
350 g plain flour, sifted
1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
230 ml milk
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
zest of 2 oranges
pinch of salt
150 g icing sugar
30 ml orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180℃, grease and flour a babka tin.
- Beat the butter and half of the sugar until smooth. In a second bowl beat the eggs with the second half of the sugar and salt for a few minutes until pale and fluffy mixture forms.
- Gradually, add the butter mixture into the eggs, whisking well after each addition.
- Add the orange juice, zest, rosemary and yogurt and stir well. Gradually, add flour and milk and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl. Gradually add the orange juice and combine well.
- Pour the icing onto the cooled babka and allow to set before cutting.