Makes: one loaf
Preparation: 20 minutes (+ 2 hours 30 minutes proving)
Baking: 35 minutes
300g spelt flour
200g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
7g dried yeast
1 tablespoon honey
3 teaspoons salt
20g pumpkin seeds
20g sesame seeds
10g poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, mix the flours, salt and yeast. Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients, add the honey and water and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until a smooth and elastic dough forms.
- Add the seeds and knead for a little bit longer until well distributed.
- Place in a bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and set aside for 1 hour 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough then gently shape into a round loaf and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cover with a tea towel and prove for further hour or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 220℃ and place a heatproof bowl with hot water on the bottom of the oven to create steam.
- Score the top of the loaf with a sharp knife and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180°C and bake for further 25 minutes or until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped underneath.
- Cool on a wire rack.