We had family over for dinner one night and I wanted to make something to nibble with drinks before the meal. These are perfect for such occasions and can be made with all sorts of other herbs or seeds.
Makes: 20 approximately
Preparation: 20 minutes
Baking: 15 minutes
150ml warm water
½ teaspoon yeast
½ teaspoon sugar
150g plain flour
75g wholemeal flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons thyme
- Place the warm water into a jug, add the sugar and yeast, mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix both flours with salt and thyme and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and create a soft dough. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5-10 minuets or until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 20 pieces and roll each into a stick.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crisp.