I made these biscuits over the weekend. They are a really good snack so I kept them in the fridge and always take a few to uni. If you’re not worried abut your calorie count, dip them in dark chocolate (everything tastes better with chocolate).
Makes: about 35
Preparation: 45 minutes
Baking: 15 minutes
250g dried prunes
100g desiccated coconut
30g sunflower seeds
30g pumpkin kernels
2 tbs maple syrup
zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Ground the nuts and seeds in a food processor and transfer into a bowl.
- Add into the bowl the lemon zest, maple syrup and coconut.
- Place the prunes into a food processor and blend into a thick puree consistency. Transfer into the bowl with the other ingredients and form a sticky dough.
- Divide the dough into small portions and shape into disks or cut with pastry cutters.
- Bake for 15 minutes just to harden a little. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the tray then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cooled you can top with melted chocolate (optional)